Information Assurance Analyst - TS/SCI Req'd
Information security support officers are security principal agents who enforce DoD policy compliance within their area of responsibility. Assist in the preparation, distribution, coordination and maintenance of plans, instructions, policies, guidance and standard operating procedures necessary for implementation of the organization's IA program, and serve as the subject matter focal point. Responsible for the planning, staffing, leading, communicating, monitoring and maintaining the organization's Information Assurance IT enterprise policies. IA technician shall maintain the confidentiality, integrity, availability, certification and accreditation of all UNIT systems and data in accordance with Federal DoD laws, regulations, guidance, and standards. In addition, enforce the organization's information security program based on DoD best business practices (BBPs) and make recommendation.
The ISSO will report non-compliance to the supported Information Assurance Manager (lAM) per established organizational policy and procedures. Assist the IAM in Certification and Accreditation package is prepared and maintained in accordance with (lAW) Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (NIST RMF). Maintain a mobile data-at-rest management program and automation inventory program of all area of responsibility (AOR) automation equipment. ISSO shall administer proper security labeling, classification, creation, destruction, and inventory asset management of all information system devices and media within area of responsibility. Contractor shall build, install, maintain, and assist with disposal of UNIT IT systems IAW applicable regulations and policies. Utilize portal or knowledge management repositories to provide relevant cyber security information for end-users. Administer all UNIT cross domain transfers and systems authorization and Access Requests. Manage an efficient and effective security, education, training, awareness (SETA) program and ensuring appropriate account level access. ISSO's will utilize Defense Ready (Automation Tool) to review, manage, & track cyber challenge end-user training & privilege user 8570.01m certification requirements. In coordination with the computer network defense team, ISSO will support incident handler efforts for all cyber security event remediation and/or computer forensics requirements. Advisor to IAM.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Excellent briefing/presentation skills for large audiences
- Knowledgeable in DoD cyber security guidance and regulations of ICD 503, DCID 6/3, DoD 8500.2, AR 25-2, CNSS, NIST 800 Series, and insider threat management program
- Ability to maintain a Positive and Professional Attitude towards directed management initiatives and under stress
- Can effectively provide direction, guidance and leadership to less experienced information security professionals
- Ability to provide security policy recommendations or revisions to resolve security flaws or security service management processes
- Takes initiative, strategic thinker and highly supports cyber security program initiatives and vision
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems security and ensure accuracy of work
- Ability to review the work of others and be able to detect errors or needed modifications
- Possesses deep understanding on DoD 8570.1m requirement and administration of DoD/NIST RMF program
- Experience with Incident Response Handling and Cyber Security Anomaly Detection using cyber security tools such as but not limited to Encase, Flying Squirrel, SANS SIFT Kit, Event tracker, ArcSight & Splunk
- Experience in using service ticket administration tools and personal management tools such as Service Now, Remedy, DFR, etc.
- Knowledgeable on IT Department Service Management processes and procedures based off of ITIL framework
- Knowledgeable with Defense Ready System
- Knowledgeable with MS Sharepoint 2010 Portal
Must have a Top Secret-SCI security clearance or be SCI eligible
Lift over 35 LBS
The work is performed in an office setting. Occasional and intermittent travel for official purposes is required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training or work experience.
ITIL v3 Certification preferred
DoDI 8570.01m Certification required
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.