The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR), a non-profit membership service organization with a focus on genealogical research and historical preservation is seeking a full time Documents Specialist to work in the Data Entry Office of the Registrar—the department charged with reviewing and processing genealogical data for membership.
Duties include processing all incoming applications by performing preliminary review of applications for completeness of genealogical information, inputting the data into appropriate databases, creating bar-coded cover sheets, sorting and scanning genealogical documents into OnBase software, and coding application papers based on established criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in history, social sciences, humanities or related field of study, or equivalent experience handling or processing records, documents manuscripts or research materials.
- Familiarity with online genealogy records.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to compose professional/business correspondence.
- Proficiency using computers, scanning equipment and database systems. iMIS database experience a plus.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with a high degree of accuracy, attention to details and ability to proofread work product.
- Genuine interest in history or genealogy.
- Personal interests in doing genealogy research a plus.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Dept.
1776 D Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20006
Fax: (202) 737-5702