Bloomberg BNA seeks a Content Editor to edit content for government relations and government contracting professionals. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Employees of this classification perform most of the following, as assigned:
- Edit news stories, newsletters, features, breaking news alerts, and/or other material for content, style and digital functionality, to ensure that quality standards of assigned news desk are met.
- Shape and coordinate coverage within BBNA and BGOV.
- Guide and advises staff members in their research, reporting, writing, and editing to strengthen their contributions to assigned news desks.
- Maintain subject area knowledge related to unit's publication(s), including current awareness of issues and developments in the field.
- Serve as subject matter expert and resource for others contributing to same or related publications.
- Participate in production of unit's publication(s); ensure that copy and production deadlines are met.
- Verify information related to unit's scope of coverage through sources or other means.
- May assume responsibility for some editorial operations in the absence of the managing editor or assistant managing editor.
- Stay abreast of and effectively use electronic resources and other tools to perform the job effectively
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
3+ years’ relevant experience, including some copy editing experience and at least one year writing for same or related publication(s); superior news judgment under deadline pressure; position requires early morning hours to meet newsletter deadlines; superior ability to edit material (including complex and/or analytical pieces) under deadline pressure; mastery of subject area(s) covered by assigned publications; thorough knowledge of BBNA and BGOV style rules; ability to lead other staff members to develop their journalistic skills and help strengthen their contributions to publication; thorough knowledge of journalistic principles and techniques; thorough knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes; ability to use electronic research methods effectively; ability to use BBNA and BGOV publishing tools and other technology effectively with training; proven ability to interact effectively with colleagues, sources, and others; proficiency in MS Office; excellent proofreading skills; specialized education related to assigned publication(s) may be considered in lieu of some experience. Bachelor’s degree with coursework in English, journalism, or subjects related to assigned publications desirable.
· Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
· Position requires early morning hours to meet newsletter deadlines.
Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans the full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
Bloomberg BNA offers a comprehensive benefits package including tuition reimbursement, domestic partner benefits, transportation subsidies, annual and sick leave, parenting leave, 401(k), and much more.
Bloomberg BNA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Bloomberg BNA has adopted an Affirmative Action Program to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any other classification protected by law.