Senior Networking/Telecommunications Analyst – Microsoft Technologies
Applies highly specialized technical knowledge and leadership skills to develop and optimize Fairfax Water’s information technology portfolio to be continually responsive to business needs, to maximize business value and sustainability, and to minimize cost, complexity, and risk. Ensures alignment of cross-program IT strategy with Fairfax Water’s strategic business goals across Microsoft Technologies inclusive of SharePoint, Office 365, Windows, as well as related and dependent systems such as Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, SQL Server, System Center (Configuration Manager), Azure, and their integration with other technologies.
- Is principally responsible for the technical leadership, delivery, integration, optimization, and stewardship of Fairfax Water’s SharePoint platform and its adoption and integration within the business and technology ecosystems. Leads, provides stewardship and advocacy, and manages enterprise systems and solutions involving Microsoft Technologies including but not limited to SharePoint, Windows, Office 365, Exchange, SQL Server, System Center Configuration Manager, and Azure.
- Serves as a resource for specialized and complex technical knowledge and skills and works to transfer those skills and that knowledge to other Information Technology staff members. Identifies, oversees, and advances the development, training, coaching and mentoring of junior staff. Advances knowledge sharing across IT staff.
- Applies specialized and complex technical knowledge and skills across a broad range of complex information systems problems. Leads effective and transformative strategic change of technologies and processes to optimize the business value and user experience of Fairfax Water technology and IT services. Ensure alignment of activities with Fairfax Water’s strategic plan.
- Serves as Project Manager for exceptionally large and complex projects, particularly Fairfax Water’s SharePoint implementation and related initiatives and those involving Microsoft technologies, user experience optimization and complex system integration, regularly demonstrating expertise with project management tools and techniques.
- Manages projects and technology initiatives and transformations, plans and executes technology roadmaps, configures and optimizes IT systems and services.
- Oversees the work of junior employees by setting work priorities, planning and scheduling work assignments and projects and delegating responsibilities when appropriate.
- Coordinates with other Fairfax Water departments to ensure proper resources are available
- Provides leadership of overall strategy, management, and technical support for SharePoint, Office 365, Windows, Azure, Centrify, and other systems, solutions, and applications.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, standards, and procedures for installation, maintenance, and operation SharePoint, Office 365, Windows, Azure, Centrify, and other systems, solutions, applications, and services.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends new products, tools, and methodologies. Re-engineers processes, technologies, and solutions.
- Undertakes special projects and tasks as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Any combination of education, experience, training and knowledge equivalent to one of the following: Possession of an associate’s degree in computer science, or related field and eight (8) years of experience in direct user, network, enterprise application system administration, and/or telecommunications support.; Possession of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field, and six years of experience in direct user, network, enterprise application system administration, and/or telecommunications support; or Possession of a master’s degree in computer science, or related field; and four (4) years of experience in direct user, network, enterprise application system administration, and/or telecommunications support.
- 8+ years of relevant hands-on technical and project or program management experience in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize and sequence individual work load, deliver solutions, troubleshoot and remedy problems, lead change and effectively influence others for positive outcomes under pressing deadlines and with minimal need for escalation or intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently and assume the responsibility for the appropriate technical and architectural implementation of complex, large scale projects.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and abstract thinking skills.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.