The U.S. Soccer Foundation’s programs are the national model for sports-based youth development in underserved communities. Since its founding in 1994, the Foundation has established programs proven to help children embrace an active and healthy lifestyle while nurturing their personal growth beyond sports. Its cost-effective, high-impact initiatives offer safe environments where kids and communities thrive.
As the Foundation continues to expand its programs and grow its footprint, it is adding a part-time graphic designer based at its headquarters in Washington, D.C. for three days (24 hours) per week. This individual will be responsible for designing collateral, including presentations, one-pagers and event signage, for many of the Foundation’s programs and events.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications, the graphic designer will also be responsible for working with the team and vendors to print and produce finished pieces. The graphic designer will also work to create digital assets, such as social media graphics, website banners, and other digital materials as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create high-quality collateral for the organization, including one-pagers, direct mail pieces, brochures, presentations, toolkits, email templates, and other collateral.
- Design signage and collateral for Foundation’s signature events, including directional signage, schedule boards, programs and other event materials.
- Create digital graphics for social media and the website, including social media graphics, website carousels and ads, and other digital assets.
- Work collaboratively with Programs & Grants teams to update curriculum, administrator’s guide and other programmatic materials, as needed.
- Develop high-quality products to promote joint efforts with corporate partners, including the Foundation’s annual grants program and other marketing or programmatic efforts.
- Work collaboratively with the Development team to design campaign appeals, brochures and one-pagers, as needed.
- Maintain the Foundation’s brand guidelines and all visuals throughout the organization, including identifying compelling images and ensuring they are used properly as representations of the brand.
- Support the Foundation team by creating compelling presentations, including Board presentations and the quarterly Board packet.
- Support and advance the goals, mission and culture of the U.S. Soccer Foundation.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Five or more years of work experience directly related to print and digital design
- Strong creative and design skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated success in designing effective visual and digital communications
- Self-motivated team player with proven ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to produce quality work under deadline pressure
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Passion for the vision and mission of the U.S. Soccer Foundation. Strong interest in sports-based youth development a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
Only candidates that meet the minimum qualifications listed above will be considered for this position.
Candidates must provide a resume, cover letter and three (3) examples of design work. Please send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Graphic Designer in the subject line.