Network Server Administrator
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking highly motivated technical professionals who are eager to play a major role in IT transformation at government agencies in the aviation and other transportation fields. The Network Server Administrator will be responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks:
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results
- Provides advice and training to end-users
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.