Senior Manager, Loan Delivery
PenFed is hiring a Sr. Manager, Loan Delivery in Alexandria, VA . The primary purpose of this job is to manage the overall coordination of selling and delivering whole loan and participation loan sales of first mortgages to designated investors. Oversees the daily tasks of the department and provides guidance on complex & escalated Loan Delivery issues.
- Responsible for the facilitation of Collateral documents to our Investors as initiated by the VP of Secondary Market by the stated expiration date.
- Provide operational support & act as the main point of contact for the assigned team.
- Maintain close working relationships with private investors, to include Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Federal Home Loan Bank to facilitate the effective negotiation of terms and product pricing.
- Maintain open lines of communication and strong working relationships with internal customers (i.e., Production and Operations VP’s, Loan Officers, Finance/Accounting).
- As necessary, develop and revise Loan Delivery policies, procedures and controls in coordination with Finance/Accounting.
- Manage and motivate team members to ensure consistent and maximum performance levels.
- Identify trends and initiate solutions within the Operation Centers and field offices (i.e., provision of additional training for internal business partners regarding repetitive problems or questions on a given topic).
- Handle reconciliation reports from Investors, disseminate to the team and ensure timely delivery of all required responses.
- Responsible for internal reports as it relates to the loan delivery
- Responsible for recruiting, training and continuing professional development of Loan Delivery staff to include coaching and addressing disciplinary issues.
- Manage workload balancing including approving timecards, overtime, and time off to insure adequate resources are available to achieve results within budget limitations.
- Ensure exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements and demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics.
- Coordinate the delivery of bulk and flow loan sales as well as loan file due diligence delivery; overseeing the review and verification of all loan commitment data.
- Assist with creation and transmission of loan data to investors; assist with resolving documentation and system edit issues.
- Responsible for follow up with the investor to ensure resolution of issues to enable the purchase of the loans.
- Sr. Manager, Loan Delivery
- Reports to: Director, Mortgage Operations Department: Secondary Market Loan Delivery
- Mortgage Loan
- Originator (MLO) Yes Revision Date: July 2017
- Ensure the Loan Delivery team reconciles and provides purchase advices to accounting and resolve any discrepancies
- Must remain current on all PFCU mortgage products, processes, rates and regulations.
- As a Manager this role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field is preferred or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of work experience in a related field such as, mortgage lending or operations is required.
- Highly proficient verbal and written communication skills required.
- Effective, positive interpersonal skills are required high level of attention to finer details.
- Must exercise discretion and sound judgement, and be able to work well independently.
- Ability to work effectively under aggressive deadlines required.
- Proficient in MS Office w/an emphasis on Excel
- This position will directly supervise employees.
There are no additional certifications required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.