Research Technician 2, Department of Pharmacology & Physiology - Georgetown University Medical Cent
Research Technician 2, Department of Pharmacology & Physiology - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown's Department of Pharmacology & Physiology has diverse research programs with faculty focus on cellular communication and signal transduction. We offer graduate programs leading to both the Ph.D. and M.S. degrees.
The Research Technician 2 has two major functions (1) conducting research, and (2) administrative management of laboratory records, purchasing, and organization.
- Assists is neurobehavioral testing of animals
- Treats animals and collects samples
- Processes tissue for biochemical analyses
- Performs record keeping of laboratory safety training
- Assists with chemical hygiene plans
- Reconciles purchase card statements
- Performs general lab maintenance
- Provides assistance in general lab operations
- Bachelor's degree
- Hands-on experience in a laboratory setting - preference for experience with biochemical assays, including Western blot, ELISA, qPCR, and immunohistochemistry.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and keep accurate records
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.