Education Coordinator (931-679)
The Education Coordinator is a hands-on, non-supervisory position responsible for providing logistical, planning, and administrative support for international and domestic USP Pharmacopeial Education (PE) courses. This position provides intensive meeting planning, scheduling, project leadership, promotional document review, and coordination of the online registration system on a daily basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Associate Program Manager, PE, with all administrative and logistical details related to the development and delivery of course programs, to include site, faculty, content developers, materials, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Maintains the PE Learning Management System (LMS), ensuring it is up-to-date with all course offerings, and utilizing it as a promotion and communication tool with the PE customers.
- Coordinates PE course delivery and other special projects and keeps the Associate Program Manager and Sr. Director, PE apprised of progress.
- Creates, tracks, and manages detailed project plans for multiple projects.
- Communicates project status to internal customers and vendors/consultants on a regular basis. Proactively identifies obstacles, brings them to project sponsors’ attention, and works to resolve them. Routes materials through approvals as needed.
- Writes purchase orders and contracts/statements of work, obtaining necessary USP signatures and providing copies of fully executed contracts to all parties, for outsourced work.
- Maintains course catalog data in concert with ongoing content development activities.
- Coordinates the logistical aspects related to external courses, such as: registration, transportation, reservations, vendor management, meeting space specifications, A/V and materials shipment, lab materials, food and beverage requirements and accommodations for faculty.
- Provides support for PE course registration for webinars, domestic face-to-face and live online courses and courses in the European region as well as other international regions, as needed.
- Moderates live online and classroom courses.
- Edits recorded webinars and webcast videos for on-demand offerings.
- Assists with developing, obtaining approvals, and then scheduling the promotions for PE courses.
- Assists the Associate Program Manager, PE, on the production of course training materials (e.g., workbooks, flash drives or CDs, badges, sign-in sheets, certificates) and ensures high quality, consistency and timely production.
- Assists customers with questions and issues and monitors the PE phone/voicemail and e-mail inbox.
- Tracks revenue for global PE courses, updating this after each course with the actual revenue and number of participants, as well as the course and instructor evaluation reviews.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
- Minimum of three years of experience in administration of web-based applications, technical/customer support, and/or project management.
- Knowledge of adult educational programs and how organizations and associations develop, coordinate, and manage such programs is preferred.
- Experience with the Cornerstone OnDemand LMS platform is highly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Project.
- Experience with Adobe Premier Pro is preferred.
- Experience with software programs to manage contracts and invoices is helpful.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail is required.
- Must possess strong time management skills and the ability to think critically and problem-solve.
- Must possess a proactive, results-oriented focus toward work and product deliverables.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order of deadline and importance.
- Ability to work globally with colleagues and customers from different cultures.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular