Support the operations of the finance and accounting department as a direct report to CFO.
As a member of this not-for-profit's organization’s home office team, supports CHAP’s mission, vision, and goals to ensure CHAP is the preferred accreditor of home and community‐based care providers and a thought leader. See more information at www.chapinc.org.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial management reports and other periodic reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits and annual budgets. Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Manage month-end closing process, including preparation of reconciliations, journal entries, subsidiary ledger activity such as fixed assets and accounts receivable and other month-end areas.
- Support day-to-day accounting processes, including cash receipts, billing, write-offs or other tasks.
- Serve as back-up staff person for others in the finance department.
- Prepare financial analyses, as needed. Assist in the production, forecasting and analysis of the annual budget.
- Coordinate year-end external audit, including schedule preparation, audit samples and other client-prepared information. Support administration of 401(k) plan and plan audit.
- Assist CFO in answering GAAP-related questions for team. Monitor and control department filings to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Function as one of the department’s “SAP Super Users” and answer software questions. Collaborate with CHAP departments and external consultants to ensure successful integration of SAP and CHAP’s customer data base.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Assist with preparation of Form 990 tax return to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all income tax returns as needed.
- As a member of the finance and accounting management team, assist in maintaining the documented system of accounting policies and procedures overseeing the control systems and transaction-processing operations. Perform regular evaluation of CHAP accounting systems and processes and update CHAP’s accounting manual and provide input into new policies/procedures.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting; CPA preferred.
- Public accounting experience a strong plus.
- Over five years of directly related experience; in-depth experience working in a corporate, trade association or other complex accounting department required.
- SAP Business 1, Adaptive Insights, Concur and ADP skills strongly preferred; if not, other high-end accounting software experience required.
- Strong Excel user with high degree of aptitude for financial software systems; proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects, meeting necessary deadlines; ability to resolve problems quickly and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with others and independently.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to maintain files and records in a manner that allows quick and easy retrieval.
- Ability to complete assignments with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to exercise independent judgment.