Institutional Sales Coordinator
The Chronicle of Higher Education is in search of a highly motivated, energetic Institutional Sales Coordinator. This role will join the growing institutional sales team and contribute in growing the site license business by identifying prospects in both traditional and non-traditional markets.
- Identifying potential institutional clients in both traditional and non-traditional markets for The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy through regular research and prospecting activities using both internal and external sources
- Conducting new business outreach to potential clients through phone calls and e-mails
- Educating prospective clients on the value of institutional access to The Chronicle, and gathering intel on buying cycles, common objections, and pain points
- Supporting the Institutional Sales Manager in creating customized plans for sales territories
- Managing and responding to inbound requests from prospective clients
- Ensuring the database contains accurate account details and contact information
- Supporting additional new business and audience development initiatives as needed
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience in business development or sales support
- Superior interpersonal skills and strong relationship-building acumen
- Proven success prospecting and making outbound sales calls
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Experience with a CRM system such as Salesforce.com preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Institutional Sales Coordinator” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive and we offer excellent benefits, such as comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and 24 days of paid vacation.
A journalism-driven multimedia company, The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy provide award-winning news coverage to people on college campuses and to nonprofit organizations around the world. Vitae is The Chronicle’s online career hub, which offers free career management tools, a powerful community, and the candid insights that academics need to build successful careers and fulfill their mission.