This position is for a vulnerability firewall administrator that will be a member of a cyber security operations team supporting a Federal government customer. The proven cyber security candidate will work with teammates to perform firewall maintenance, configuration, and troubleshooting as needed.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate experience with enterprise LAN environments with multiple firewalls from multiple vendors; and solve problems relating to computer devices, network topologies, and security hardware and software. The candidate should excel in a fast-paced work environment and be willing to face new challenges.
Bachelor Degree required. Certifications desired CISSP and/or Network/Firewall related certification desired.
More than four (4) years of experience working with information technology with a minimum two (2) years of firewall experience.
- Experience with: Palo Alto Networks, Cisco FWSM, Cisco ASA firewalls, pcap
- Proficiency with network monitoring
- Proficiency with TCP-IP and IPv4; IPv6 desired
- Linux competency
- Experience working in a customer service information technology environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and technical writing skills
- Familiar with some type of Service Desk ticketing systems (Remedy, Service Now, etc.)
- Must be motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing firewall change requests
- Hands-on firewall changes, updates, and upgrades
- General network security and system security experience
- Ability to discuss troubleshooting; problems and solutions encountered
- Scripting for the purpose of firewall log review and audit