Senior Transition Planner
7 days left
- Full Time
General Dynamics IT is currently looking for an experienced Transition Planner to join our team . Senior Transition Planner will provide technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned projects and tasks. At this level, the position is typically responsible for managing multiple projects and tasks and supervising more than 25 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt and including two or more subordinate supervisors and managers. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned tasks/projects may also affect level selection.
- Work as part of the virtual Procurement and Purchasing Operations Center (PPOC) team supporting multiple projects.
- Provide transition planning and execution requirements.
- Provide technical oversight to on-site Transition Leads.
- Support and/or facilitate operational planning activities: Position supports the on-site transition lead in concept of operations development and communications. Responsible for attending meetings (on-site or virtual) with departments/activities to work thru all operational issues for the new spaces, focusing on processes, equipment, staffing and training requirements. Review all products from the site which support the overall transition process.
- Support and/or facilitate staff planning activities: Position will provide guidance to the on-site team on the process of setting up and maintaining a From/To Employee and Function (Faces to Spaces) Database. Will be prepared to maintain the Database if required.
- Reparation of staff move guides: Position reviews and provides technical support in the production of move guides that will be specific to each department and will be incorporated into a master move guide. Guides will include general moving instructions, per-move checklist, labels, etc.
- Preparation of transition manuals: Position reviews and provides technical support in the preparation of “Day-In-the-Life” packets for relocating activities that describe the gaining facility and how daily functions will operated post-relocation.
- Staff orientation and training: Position provide technical oversight and recommendation on the coordination and facilitation of change management. This training will include equipment operation, way-finding, overall new facility policies and procedures.
- Provide technical review of the facility orientation for external personnel such as emergency services, local fire department, Provost Marshall’s Office and guard staff. Training documentation, including a roster of trained personnel will be prepared.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor Degree (preferred) in Nursing, Business Administration or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience. Equivalent technical training and experience may be considered.
- Candidate with recent Army Medical or Dental clinical experience is desired.
- Qualified candidate will have IO&T experience; 5 or more years of related experience in health care operations, planning and training.
- The staff member must possess skills in military health care operations, planning and training and must have an in-depth understanding of clinical operations.
- Position provides data and information to the IO&T program manager and the on-site project manager in order to support a variety of reports and informational products related to project status.