Word Processor - Law Firm
Legal Word Processor sought for large DC law firm.
Hours are 10:30a to 7p - with daily reception relief and evening reception duties from 5p to 7p.
To be considered for this position you must have law firm word processing experience.
Word processing duties include:
- Document production and editing utilizing Windows 7 and the MS Office Suite.
- Assist with document conversion and clean up; create and revise complex legal documents nd guidelines
- Print complex documents that require advanced knowledge of software
- Facilitate the creation and editing of TOC/TOA; complex tables
- Burn CD/DVDs and preparation of labels
- Hyperlink documents and bookmark PDF’s
- Understand headers/footers and Word styles
- Data entry utilizing various software applications and/or transcription of analog or digital dictation
- Stay abreast of technology and software changes within the Firm in order to be an ‘expert’ in document preparation and assist staff in troubleshooting application questions
- a minimum typing speed of 70 wpm
- ability to work through complex document markups and instructions in a timely manner
- the flexibility to work overtime
- a willingness to train support staff on various functions and foster positive working relationships
- recent law firm word processing experience
- degree preferred