Commercial Title Officer, Underwriter, Escrow Closer
Commercial Title Officer/Underwriter/Escrow Closer sought for large commercial title firm located in Downtown DC.
Title Underwriting Responsibilities:
- Primary contact to all parties in CRE transactions
- Make title underwriting & insurability determinations and offer alternatives when appropriate
- Respond to title objection letters, surveys and title clearance issues
- Draft/negotiate all title insurance products, policy exceptions and endorsements, title affidavits and escrow agreements.
- Evaluate risk, prepare and seek approval of high risk coverages and over-limit authority coverage.
- Work with local underwriting staff and company counsel to obtain coverages and approval necessary to close transactions
Transactional Escrow Responsibilities:
- Prepare settlement statements using Excel. Make proper disbursements based on final settlement statement and facilitate any escrow related post-closing matters.
- Keep up-to-date with real estate, transfer and recordation tax related issues for the DC/MD/VA jurisdictions.
- Provide support to Major Transactions Counsel
- Review Closing Packages, prepare documents for recordation, handle disbursements and in-person closing assistance
- Provide support to transactional team members on underwriting, closings and other business activities
- Five to ten years of commercial real estate transactional experience
- Undergraduate degree
- JD preferred
- Three to seven years of title insurance industry experience