Senior Graphic Designer
The successful candidate for the Senior Graphic Designer position is a professionally trained designer with 7+ years of experience in an agency or in-house environment. The incumbent is responsible for creating effective design solutions from concept to completion to maintain a consistent positive professional image of the Association and its members, as well as the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology.
- Create design concepts for an expansive suite of marketing, event and advertising materials. Projects fluctuate between print, digital, publications, advertising, and exhibit design, making a well-rounded candidate ideal for this position.
- Collaborates with a cross functional team including internal clients, art directors, designers, and Digital Communications team members.
- Utilize web design principles to create graphics in Photoshop and Illustrator—developing innovative design solutions that fit seamlessly into a full marketing campaign (this includes e-mails, banner ads, and info graphics).
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- BA degree in graphic design
- 7+ years of graphic design and print production experience (including publications, exhibit, digital and marketing advertising materials).
- Ability to create both print and digital designs following industry best standards
- Can provide a portfolio of work that includes a healthy balance of projects in print and web design. These projects could include: digital advertising, web-ready graphics, web design, large publication, magazine layout design, direct mail, printed brochures, digital animation, environmental graphics, or trade show booths.
- Not required but pluses include – agency experience, Adobe After Effects, Exhibit and Event Design, WordPress experience
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Able to work on a Mac-based computer system
- Expert level knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud Software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Demonstrates knowledge of Adobe InDesign’s master pages and style sheets
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot and work with digital files from outside vendors
- Demonstrates understanding of color-management (spot color, digital RGB and 4-color)
- Proficiency in conventional and digital prepress and printing
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Good interpersonal communications: work effectively with others to establish beneficial relationships, understand work requirements.
- Problem solving: recognize design problems and identify possible solutions in order to resolve them before they result in cost overruns or production delays.
- Creative Project Management: be able to manage own design projects, multi-task projects, timelines, and processes
- Have a strong design point of view and understanding of fundamental design principles, typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, and composition.
- Take creative direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Be detail-oriented, with excellent organization/communication skills.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.