Senior Coordinator M&BD-Litigation Practice in DC
5 days left
- Full Time
This position provides marketing and business development support to the Corporate Practice Group which includes the following Practice Areas: Corporate Transactional, M&A, Private Equity, Capital Markets, Real Estate, and Tax.
The Marketing and Business Development Senor Coordinator’s responsibilities fall into four major areas of focus:
Business Development and Strategy
• Support the Marketing and Business Development Manager on cross-selling opportunities within existing practice group clients and other firm clients.
• Support on RFPs, customized pitches, and business development presentations.
• Participate in the development and implementation of strategic plans and budgets.
• Provide support on other strategic business development and promotional initiatives as needed.
• Help evaluate practice group strengths and conduct research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to aid in the development of marketing plans, pitches, presentations, and proposals.
• Read industry, legal, and business publications to remain aware of trends that may impact the practice and to identify promotional opportunities.
• Support the Marketing and Business Development Manager on initiatives to build profile for the Practice Group, Practice Areas, Industry Sector, and Client Teams (internally and, as appropriate, externally) by publicizing victories, news items, events, and relevant articles.
• Assist in the creation and regular update of web and print marketing collateral, including brochures, practice group descriptions, deal and case lists, and biographies.
• Assist in the development and production of internal and client newsletters, and regularly evaluate the need for these types of communications.
• Coordinate profile and directory submissions for organizations/publications of which the practice area is a member or sponsor.
• Support the Marketing and Business Development Manager in the production and management of seminars, receptions, trade show booths, and other marketing-oriented events and activities, including but not limited to mailing list creation, event promotion, development of invitations and other client communications, concept development, and vendor selection.
• Oversee inventory of brochures, reprints, and other collateral relevant to the practice area and regions for general marketing purposes.
• All members of the firm are expected to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferred, preferably in a professional services industry.
- BS or BA degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, business development or related field is preferred.
- Ability to think broadly and demonstrate a high level of initiative.
- Pragmatic, diplomatic and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Ability to contribute to the overall growth of our team by collaborating effectively with colleagues and facilitating teamwork.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and an exacting attention to detail in all work product.
- Excellent research skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in InDesign, iPublish, and InterAction is desirable.