Customer Service Representative
General Dynamics is currently looking for Customer Service Agents to join our team in Alexandria, VA.
The Customer Service Representative position is focused on providing information to participants about their pension benefits. Customer Service Representatives must have the ability to provide white-glove service leaving the beneficiary feeling that the level of service received exceeded their expectations while ensuring a smile is felt by the beneficiary during every interaction. As beneficiaries' calls, the PBGC Customer Service Representative is expected to anticipate all the needs of the caller taking the time to explain the smallest of details. An agent must be energetic, organized, and have a passion for positively impacting a caller leaving them grateful for having the experience. To be successful in this mission an agent must have exemplary communication skills required to assist the various types of personas.
The following are essential responsibilities of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of this position may change or be temporarily altered based on the business needs of the PBGC program. The basic requirement of every position is to perform all tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
- Interpret and apply PBGC's policies and procedures relative to call handling and quality procedures
- Maintain excellent and professional relationships with fellow employees while displaying friendliness and courtesy at all times
- Receive and accurately post participant account updates, inquires and other related CRM actions
- Provide assist to other Customer Service Representative's in answering phones, opening mail, handling faxes, responding to emails and other related correspondences
- Demonstrate a strong proficiency to address and resolve participant's requests and complaints as needed
- Assist participant with account setups, lockouts, portal inquires, pension payment inquires by phone, correspondence and/or over the internet
- Work with PBGC field representatives to maintain participant needs
- Learn and understand the PBGC's CRM system
- Maintain a current understanding of the PBGC program processing procedures to respond to numerous PBGC inquiries
- Utilize databases and written materials to look up and provide information to PBGC inquiries
- Maintain appropriate documentation of PBGC inquiries
- Adhere to the Privacy Act as it relates to the confidentiality of information released
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Federal regulations and policies as they apply to participants
- Report problems that occur and assist with resolution
- Regular and predictable attendance required
- High School diploma or GED required
- At least 3 years Customer Service Experience preferred, where at least 2 years included experience handling inquiries and requests for information.
- The ability to gather information to determine customer needs; proficient in using Microsoft tools and information retrieval systems,
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills to accurately and efficiently record and update customer information.
- Must be able to communicate (orally and written) clearly and professionally
- Must be able to type a minimum of 20 WPM (30 wpm highly desirable).
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks
- Proven ability to work as a team member is required
- Security Clearance Required
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires proper safety and security precautions. To ensure our contact center production area is at minimal risk for unauthorized disclosure (that is, the release or divulgence of information by an entity to persons or organizations outside of that entity) of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Protected Health Information (PHI), the work environment operates under a Secure Floor Policy. The Secure Floor Policy limits or restricts personal belongings, electronic devices, or paper that can be brought into production areas.
Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Verterans/Individuals with Disabilities