Sr. Enterprise Management Systems (EMS) Engineer with TS/SCI
OverviewAn Enterprise Management Systems (EMS) Engineer's expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise management environment. Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to support a large, complex server and network infrastructure
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professional
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologies
- Must be willing to document work and participate in customer change procedures
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
- Must be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success
- Configure Network Performance Management tools to provide IP Service Level Monitoring Reporting
- Work with Network Engineers to modify monitoring configuration to match network changes
- Develops, implements, and executes standard procedures for the administration, backup, disaster recovery, and operation of the EMS tools including operating system security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle upgrade management.
- Configure EMS tools to provide up-to-date operational and performance status of servers and applications.
- Perform actions and activities on Solaris, Linux, and Windows operating systems as needed.
- Interfaces with IT Operations staff to adapt EMS tool capabilities to meet operational requirements.
- Tunes EMS tools performance and event data quality to maximized EMS system efficiency.
- Assists with analysis using EMS and other tools to detect and respond to IT events, incidents, and outages.