Research Assistant 3, Metabolomics, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Me
Research Assistant 3, Metabolomics, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) clinicians are dedicated to providing the best professional care, delivered with compassion, for all patients. Lombardi's internationally-renowned physicians treat virtually every type of cancer, including breast, lung, colorectal, prostate, head and neck, and cancers of the blood. Along with cutting-edge cancer care, we offer a program of innovative clinical trials and a full range of supportive care services to improve our patients' health and quality of life.
The Research Assistant III strengthens the activities of high through put metabolomics core facility and the center of innovation for in duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provides a support role and assists with the day to day operations of the core laboratory, including sample preparation, laboratory upkeep, autoclaving, ordering, scheduling waste disposal, laboratory compliance of safety procedures, chemical inventory, scheduling instrument operations and maintenance, data backups and reporting ordering and other duties as needed
- Uses advanced metabolomics tools for the preparation and analysis of metabolomics data.
- Receives and follows work instructions to analyze data, design, and develop methodologies necessary for accurate knowledge discovery.
- Works closely with the research associates in the laboratory and assists them with day to day service related functions.
- Performs lab functions - for example, sample preparation, reagents preparation of reagents, laboratory upkeep, autoclaving, ordering, scheduling waste disposal, instrument operations, data pre-processing, data backups, reporting, and ordering.
- Assures laboratory compliance of safety procedures, chemical inventory, scheduling instrument and maintenance
- Master's degree in biology/biochemistry or related field
- Relevant experience in sample preparation, laboratory, and utilization of Mass Spectrometry equipment
- Basic knowledge of pre- and post-processing of mass spectrometry data
- Experience in analysis of large volume and high dimensional data sets
Experience in quantitative and qualitative statistical analyses and tests
- Experience in analysis of mass spectrometry data
- Good verbal and written communications skills and ability to multi-task
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.