Research Technician 3, Histopathology & Tissue Shared Resource, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Cente
Research Technician 3, Histopathology & Tissue Shared Resource, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) clinicians are dedicated to providing the best professional care, delivered with compassion, for all patients. Lombardi's internationally-renowned physicians treat virtually every type of cancer, including breast, lung, colorectal, prostate, head and neck, and cancers of the blood. Along with cutting-edge cancer care, we offer a program of innovative clinical trials and a full range of supportive care services to improve our patients' health and quality of life. The Histopathology & Tissue Shared Resource (HTSR) consents for, collects and distributes fresh- and formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissue as well as provides technical and pathological support for investigator-driven collection protocols including the novel conditionally reprogrammed cells program.
The Research Technician 3 provides skilled medical technology and histology capabilities to support the scope of the pathology and histology services, and the research related functions and goals of the Histopathology Laboratory in the Lombardi Cancer Center. Reporting to both HTSR Co-Directors, the Research Technician 3 has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Performs daily histology sample preparation, sectioning of tissue sections, staining and routine maintenance of equipment.
- Provides support of biomarker discovery and validation projects for translational research studies as well as animal model research studies.
- Performs specific benchwork for basic and clinical research to perform biochemical, molecular biology, serological, microscopic, bacteriological examinations and assays of biological samples.
- Prepares billing for completed work to ensure proper payment for services provided.
- Conducts cooperative interactions and seamless coordination with members of all 3 sub-divisions within the HTSR.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Georgetown University Medical Center policies, procedures and standards.
- Bachelor's degree - Master's degree preferred - in related field
- 1 to 3 years of related experience (research/medical/clinical)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with investigators
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.