Manager, Clinical and Scientific Digital Content
3 days left
- Full Time
Do you want to use your healthcare and scientific background to help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Manager, Clinical and Scientific Digital Content to assist in the programmatic development of educational products that support independent learning and continuous professional development for ASCO’s membership.
What you will do:
- Apply health care and/or scientific background in the review and maintenance of existing content within ASCO’s eLearning center for oncology professionals, ASCO University.
- Manage the identification, curation and maintenance of digital education content that can be utilized as recommended learning activities that are linked to assessment-driven identification of educational gaps.
- Outline and implement plans for repurposing existing content to create learning activities that serve to reinforce key principles from primary educational activities.
- Apply principles of adult learning to guide planning groups, course faculty, and other subject matter experts as they develop individual educational programs/courses designed to address areas of identified need within the field of oncology.
- Apply health care and/or scientific background to manage the discussion forum-based Molecular Oncology Tumor Boards recurring series by working with subject matter experts and collaborating organizations to plan, develop and evaluate activities.
- Exercise independent judgment in the management, planning, design and development of digital education courses and related tools according to established timelines.
- Utilize technology platforms such as Articulate Storyline, Learning Management System, and a Personalize Learning Dashboard for the efficient and quality production of digital education content.
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Masters in an area of science or health science with 5 or more years’ experience in a health care or clinical research setting or PhD (preferred) in an area of science or health science with 2 or more years’ experience.
- Teaching experience at adult level (college level) a plus. Or managing and supporting professional educational programs.
- Experience working in health care with the field of oncology a plus
- Demonstrated success in a team lead capacity; and strong program and project management skills as well as attention to detail
- Proven ability to think strategically and creatively while offering insight and recommendations
- Superior communication skills across audiences and formats; demonstration of cross-team collaboration
- The ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and professional environment while effectively managing multiple programs and shifting priorities
Apply for Manager, Clinical and Scientific Digital Content
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly