Associate Managing Editor
Do you want to use your publishing and editing skills to help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Associate Managing Editor to produce, edit and write content for the ASCO Daily News. This position will also support additional meetings publications in the Publishing Department.
What you will do:
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and external physician sources on content, reviewing and editing articles and proofs for factual and style issues, monitoring production processes and assisting with creation and implementation of social media information.
- Write feature and news articles for the ASCO Daily News and other meeting materials.
- Serve as lead editor for products within the Daily News portfolio.
- Support the ASCO Daily News websites, including site testing, posting content, and collaborating with the Daily News managing editor to determine featured content, enhance reader engagement with the sites, and increase traffic.
- Support the Daily News podcast program, including idea generation, research, interviewing, and editing.
- Support the creation of infographics, including research, editing, and stakeholder coordination.
- Participate in publishing activities across the department as needed, including proofreading of educational manuscripts, formatting of scientific abstracts, and quality assurance of scientific and educational digital content.
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor’s in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- 3-5 years of writing, editing, and/or publications management experience.
- Independent worker with ability to multitask and manage stress.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to follow instructions and take direction.
- Ability to work some evenings when required, as well as 5 weekends a year.
- Interest in multimedia platforms, such as podcasts, video, and web presence.
- Proficient in computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Proficient with proofreading marks, and Chicago, AP, or AMA style guides.
Apply for Associate Managing Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly