Lead Technician, Help Desk
7 days left
- Full Time
Candidate shall manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Answer phone calls, emails, and walk-in requests for IT Support. Creating customer support requests for users. Perform initial troubleshooting of computer issues. Physically responding to IAVA updates, STIG compliance, Software installation/updates for workstations and servers, and perform Account Management.
Additionally, the candidate shall provide as required:
1. Manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Installs, configures and upgrades computer hardware and software
3. Develops and monitors policies and standards for Service Desk related functions.
4. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
5. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
6. Provides troubleshooting and support.
7. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
8. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. On-Site Troubleshooting of servers, file storage, and workstations for Primary and Remote site locations.
11. Ensure Information Assurance Compliance Measures are met for all unclassified and classified networks
12. In-processing & Out-processing users for the S6 (Account paperwork, establish accounts & passwords, etc.) for all Military, Government and Contractors
13. Developing & Implementing IT related solutions to meet Mission requirements
14. Creating/Maintaining SOP Continuity guides
15. IT subject matter expert and first responder responsibilities
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
17. Participates in special projects as required
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Requires baseline certificate upon hire - current COMPTIA Security + CE
Will also be required to obtain a WIN10 certification or higher to meet 8570.01M requirements wihtin 60 days of starting.
Will need to pass a provided Counter Intelligence Polygraph and complete a Foreign Contacts background check.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.