Advertising Operations Manager
We’re seeking an Advertising Operations Manager to lead our digital and print advertising operations and customer support for Recruitment Advertising and Vitae, The Chronicle’s online career hub. You’ll be working with a talented support team who is responsible for providing top-notch customer service and support, pagination and design layout, and ad scraping and production. In this role, you’ll report to the Recruitment Advertising Sales Manager and will act as the primary liaison with our technology group, resolving customer service and production issues as well as streamlining processes.
What you’ll do:
- Produce digital and print advertising. Book ads, proofread, type, and manipulate camera-ready ads for print.
- Manage print pagination and design layout to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Manage traffic reporting of Featured Banners and NCP (self-service) through Omniture suite working with our digital production team.
- Manage the training for all production and advertising systems, including updating all systems training materials, training new recruitment sales associates, and training inside sales team.
- Manage ad operations staff, ensuring each team member is cross-trained on customer and products for both Recruitment Advertising and Vitae.
- Ensure high degree of customer engagement, effectiveness, and quality control.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in similar role in publishing, advertising, or a related field. Experience managing staff.
- 2+ years of experience working in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience with HTML, Salesforce and NewsCycle preferred
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. and offers excellent benefits including 5 weeks of vacation a year.
A journalism-driven multimedia company, The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy provide award-winning news coverage to people on college campuses and to nonprofit organizations around the world. Vitae is The Chronicle’s online career hub, which offers free career management tools, a powerful community, and the candid insights that academics need to build successful careers and fulfill their mission.
The Chronicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.