Dobson DaVanzo & Associates, LLC is a healthcare economics consulting firm based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Our firm’s work has influenced numerous public policy decisions, and appears in legislation and regulation. Our research helps payers and providers develop, implement, and evaluate equitable payment methodologies. We apply decades of staff experience, access to a broad range of policymakers and subject matter experts, and innovative research techniques to best meet our clients’ needs. Our analyses are rigorous and objective, and make use of a variety of public and private-sector data sources.
We are seeking candidates with multiple years of related experience in health care to fill a Senior Associate position in a demanding, and fast-paced work environment.
Candidates must possess strong critical thinking, verbal and written communication, organizational, and multitasking skills, pay great attention to detail, and manage/conduct projects or parts of projects independently and simultaneously.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Associate position include, but are not limited to:
- Leading tasks within projects requiring quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, including developing study designs, determining analysis specifications, and outlining format and content of client deliverables
- Developing and communicating specifications for database manipulation, construction, and simulation modeling with Data Analytics team, as well as work with team to ensure accuracy of analyses
- Interpreting and summarizing quantitative and qualitative findings in reports and presentations to address clients’ research questions
- Interacting with various project stakeholders in the form of stakeholder interviews and surveys
- Briefing Executive Leadership and clients on interim and final results, seeking and incorporating feedback into study design, as needed
- Contributing to all aspects of proposals including the proposal development, technical approach, staffing, budget, and timeline
- Managing day-to-day client relationships
- Managing time effectively, and able to multi-task, across multiple projects
Our core competencies include modeling the impact of Medicare and Medicaid payment polices on health care providers using a variety of data sources and analytical techniques to assist clients as they seek to understand new and evolving Medicare and Medicaid payment systems.
The chosen candidates will possess working knowledge and experience with Medicare, or Medicaid, familiarity with CMS payment regulation for Prospective Payment Systems (PPS) for acute care hospitals, long term care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, home health agencies, and ambulatory surgery centers.
A Master’s Degree or Ph.D. and a minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in health care research, health policy analysis, and/or public and private sector consulting is required.
Highly valued skills and abilities include:
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new content knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, verbally and in writing, in a clear and coherent manner
- Excellent presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with technical writing
- Experience with complex database construction, especially claims data, and analysis using SAS, Excel or statistical software (R and Python would be a plus)
- A working knowledge of econometric-multivariate analyses
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively across multiple projects
- Flexible/adaptable to changing needs and priorities
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong listening skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
- Documentation of authorship of reports and/or journal articles
Dobson | DaVanzo offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health insurance, and a retirement plan with company match. The company features free lunch every day, a fully stocked kitchen, and a dog-friendly office.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dobson | DaVanzo is an equal opportunity employer.