Digital Media Specialist
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. Researches, prepares and edits technical documents.
- Researches, prepares and edits technical documents for publication, including user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
- Reviews, researches, and edits information for preparation of contract deliverables.
- Ensures documents meet editorial and customer specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
- Interfaces with writers, illustrators, word processors, and subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the edited draft for publication.
- Participates in the creation of proposals and multi-media presentation materials.
- Participates in the design and development of marketing brochures, conference programs, public relations announcements, and other materials when requested.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in English, Journalism or a related discipline- ie. Professional degree or certification in Graphic Art, Graphic Design, Fine Art, Design Art, Computer Science or Computer Graphic Design/Computer Graphics, and two at least (2) years of experience in media production is required.
- 2-5 years of related experience preparing and editing technical documentation. Ability to write, film, and edit content that tells a compelling storyPrefer experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Google Analytics, Content Management Programs and Email, etc.Excellent written/oral communication, presentation, editing, graphic arts, copywriting experienceConstant curiosity to find new ways to approach creative and analytics problemsExperience designing infographics or other data driven documents Experience writing weekly periodicals or newsletters in a visually engaging format Ability to distill complex information into easily understandable narrative Microsoft office suite experience, especially Visio, Word and Excel.