Research Assistant, Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy - Georgetown University Medica
Research Assistant, Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown's Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy has a long tradition of exceptional patient care, education and research and we provide comprehensive subspecialty services for patients with a broad range of rheumatic disease.
The Research Assistant serves as a liaison between study patient and regulatory affairs, carrying out all administrative and clinical needs, including organization of new study initiations, subject recruitment, subject testing and follow- up, and data entry. Reporting to the Study Manager, the Research Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Oversees oversee multiple studies, and works closely with various sponsor monitors and research associates to ensure proper data collection.
- Manages administrative aspects of clinical research, including regulatory submissions and updates, IRB requests and submissions, budgets and contract issues; and submits all necessary forms as necessary to facilitate research patient participation.
- Manages study participants from recruitment to follow up: pre-screens participants, completes detailed, complex scheduling, prepares all necessary consent forms and questionnaires, knowledgeably assists with clinical testing, follows up with participants as appropriate; and thorough out, interacting extensively with patients extensively by phone, email and in person.
- Performs research related to online data entry and maintenance of study data.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 1 to 3 years of related experience (research/medical/clinical)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with investigators and patients
- Ability to support interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical and resource outcomes
- Self-directed with attention to detail
- Computer proficiency
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.