History of Architecture - Part Time Faculty (non-credit)
Montgomery College is accepting applications for the Lifelong Learning Institute, a non-credit program that serves individuals ages 50 and over. We are currently seeking enthusiastic and dedicated faculty members to teach a class - History of Architecture (selected topics). These faculty members must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrate the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Managements sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach short-term (6 - 8 sessions), non-credit courses.
2. Conduct lecture, provide analysis and lead discussions.
3. Manage classroom.
4. Administrative classroom responsibilities.
5. Prepare and develop course curriculum.
Audience: adult learners
Teaching Assignments for Spring 2018 and beyond
• Masters Level Degree or higher.
• College teaching experience.
• In-depth knowledge of subject matter.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
• Proficiency with computer technology - e-mail, MS Office skills (MS Word and MS PowerPoint).
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree.
• Submission of three letters of professional reference.
Notes about the application process:
• Online applications must be received by August 11, 2017.
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information.
• For consideration, you must:
o include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
o complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
o failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your; application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position, and
o e-sign your application (Step 9)
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution that is committed to equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.