Strategic Planning Director (927-679)
6 days left
- Full Time
The Strategic Planning Director is a highly visible role responsible for developing specific strategies and plans that help set the overall direction for the organization. This person will work across USP to identify, shape and drive a variety of special projects ensuring the organization’s ability to realize its strategic and operational objectives and to improve operational effectiveness. Projects will be visible to the highest levels in the organization and involve working directly with senior leaders across multiple functions and programs in support of a variety of topics, including, but not limited to enterprise growth strategy, program or business unit strategy, process improvement, workflow redesign, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Proactively identifies opportunities in areas critical to execution of USP’s strategic and operational objectives that could benefit from special, project-level support.
- Leads special projects identified by CEO and executive teams as high priority, ensuring that appropriate research and analysis are conducted, that risk assessments and mitigation are discussed, that problems and issues are resolved, and the execution of the recommendations is aligned with USP’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Works closely with senior managers and stakeholders across business lines to identify, research and analyze key business issues. Key outcomes from work could include: strategic plans, business plans/ cases (including financial analyses/ projections), communication documents and/ or operational plans.
- Provides thought leadership and creative insights to help identify, clarify, and resolve complex issues critical to organization’s strategic and operational success.
- Supports the annual strategic planning process by facilitating the strategy methodology with various business units and departments. Ensures that all aspects of the methodology are addressed and considered, including resource allocation, and that project team members and key stakeholders expand individual capability/skill building during process.
- Collaborates with departments and project teams to develop executive briefings, and communication messages and materials. Partners with Corporate Communications to ensure consistency of approach.
- Captures and shares knowledge and lessons learned from projects and other initiatives with appropriate audience(s). Creates documentation to preserve information, experiential data, and knowledge relevant to future projects.
- Assumes responsibility and ownership for other activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 3 years of experience working in a top tier strategic consulting firm independently handling complex projects required
- At least 1 year of experience involving managing operational efficiency projects
- At least five years’ experience managing complex, multi-stakeholder projects and teams
- Demonstrated experience working directly with C-level executives on high profile projects
- Demonstrated experience preparing and presenting recommendations to C-level
- Master’s, PhD in a science or related area or MBA preferred
- In addition, at least five years of progressive professional level work experience in a comparable organization preferred.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of scientists and non-scientists across multiple countries
- Ability to negotiate with and influence senior stakeholders, while driving a project to completion
- Strong time management, project management skills (i.e. deadline management, follow-up mechanisms, overview instruments)
- Strong comfort in ambiguous situations, with ability to clarify project scope and define path forward
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Interest in healthcare and global public health is helpful
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular