Princ Administrator, Systems w/Polygraph
7 days left
- Full Time
2:00pm - 10:30pm; Mon-Fri
Service Desk Analyst
The Service Desk Analyst is the first point of contact for the users who call the Service Desk. While providing the highest level of customer service, the Service Desk Analyst uses knowledge base tools and SOPs along with their expertise to resolve tier 1 requests in a timely fashion. The Service Desk Analyst escalates unresolved problem/issues/requests to the proper tier 2 and 3 support team. Troubleshooting basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network and provide basic desktop support. Work with small team of Service Desk Analysts to meet customer's service level targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Respond to questions from all emails and callers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Become familiar with helpdesk policies and services
- Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures; accurately log all Service Desk tickets using the defined tracking software
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Other duties as assigned by the Service Desk Lead
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Tools
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Experience working with a service desk or ticketing tool
- Ability to work with or without direct supervision.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.