Cyber Career Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
The Cyber Career Specialist assists qualified grant students in developing their understanding of careers in cyber technology.
- Meeting with students as requested by the job developer, career consultants, faculty or others.
- In collaboration with the team, plan student events.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Some college, preferred
- Experience working in the cyber security industry during the past 5 years.
- Experience as an instructor, mentor, coach or counselor strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work both as part of a team and independently as the situation requires.
- Proven strong interpersonal skills.
Hours Per Week: 10-15
Work Schedule: Mon.-Fri. primarily between 10am-5pm
Grade: hourly/temporary, no benefits
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: 7/31/17
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
- Completed application
- Cover letter
Link for job: