Director of Systems Architecture
7 days left
- Full Time
The Director of Systems Architecture at NAIS reports to the Chief Innovation Officer and is responsible for leading the technical development of new software products across the organization and the implementation of an integrated data strategy. The director works closely with the innovation team and the entire NAIS staff to ensure our products are celebrated for the meaning and insights they provide to the NAIS member community.
At NAIS, we are passionate about education and the work that we do to advance it. We are customer-focused and always strive for excellence. We work collaboratively and value creativity and initiative. We foster empathy, flexibility, and cultural competence. As an integral part of the NAIS staff, this position is expected to serve as an engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences and perspectives of internal and external colleagues; to support and actively build an office culture dedicated to superior customer service that exceeds customer expectations; and to work within the team and among teams to ensure that decisions are made to further the organization’s goals, particularly the goals of modeling multiculturalism and helping to build inclusive school communities.
- Collaborate with various teams to ensure the seamless, integrated, and efficient flow of data between various systems within the NAIS data ecosystem and lead the development of APIs that will allow for direct data importing from systems outside of NAIS.
- Serve as in-house technical lead on the development of new applications that support the NAIS strategic vision, beginning with the re-imagination of existing products and evolving to include the development of an integrated member platform.
- Serve as the technical contact / systems architect in vendor relationships that relate to the development of new systems and advanced data integrations.
- Support the development of a software development lifecycle based on agile methodologies and continuous delivery principles.
- Select frameworks and establish design patterns to promote rapid and scalable application development.
- Work with internal teams and vendors to provide technical guidance and drive prototypes to finished products.
- Design and develop APIs for 3rd party integrations and internal development.
- Ensure applications are built to scale, perform smoothly and remain highly available.
- Serve as one of the NAIS liaisons to the Data Interoperability Consortium.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in the field of software engineering and the development world-class online systems.
- Interface with stakeholders to recommend new technologies and methodologies.
- Provide the organization with ideas, plans and alternatives to meet business objectives through custom built and/or third party software solutions.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in enterprise software development, engineering, and architecture of large-scale public-facing web applications and sophisticated data systems
- Advanced technical knowledge in programming and full life cycle application development
- Lead Experience in enterprise architecture design and web-based software engineering
- Knowledge of software development and project management processes. Agile methodology and continuous delivery experience highly preferred
- Proficiency in enterprise programming languages and frameworks, especially C#, asp.net, Visual Studio and Java as well as open-source development environments like Ruby on Rails, Python, etc.
- First-hand experience deploying applications into industry standard cloud environments like Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services.
- Proficiency in web development including HTTP REST APIs, especially in consumer-facing sites with scale
- Proficiency in industry-standard relational and NoSQL databases, and in optimizing database access
- Experience with integrating application components across technology stacks and platforms
- Experience with current CRM platforms - MS Dynamics, Salesforce, etc.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making
- Ability to effectively communicate via all channels with technical and non-technical staff and vendors in order to actively listen, build respectful relationships, set clear priorities/directives, and enable collaboration in a professional manner.