Program Manager for Professional Development
The Program Manager for Professional Development manages the day-to-day programmatic operations of the team, including providing support for the NAIS Annual Conference, the NAIS Institutes, and NAIS online programming. He/she uses detail-oriented project management strategies to help content facilitators offer effective and meaningful professional development experiences for NAIS members.
At NAIS, we are passionate about education and the work that we do to advance it. We always strive for excellence and encourage staff members to show initiative. We value collaboration, adaptability, a customer-service focus, empathy, creativity, and cultural competence. As an integral part of the NAIS staff, this position is expected to serve as an engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences and perspectives of internal and external colleagues; to support and actively build an office culture dedicated to superior customer service that exceeds customer expectations; and to work within the team and among teams to ensure that decisions are made to further the organization’s goals, particularly the goals of modeling multiculturalism and helping to build inclusive school communities.
- Ensures detail accuracy and establishes consistency across programs.
- Works with the Director of Programs, the Director of Conference Logistics, and the Director of Instructional Design and Technology to manage the development and delivery of the NAIS Annual Conference and Virtual Conference programming.
- Works with the Director of Programs and the Assistant Director of Team Logistics on the development and delivery of the NAIS Institutes.
- Works with the Director of Instructional Design and Technology to develop and deliver online programming, such as webinars.
- Liaises with the Marketing Team on PD marketing materials including programs, websites, email campaigns, etc.
- Helps to manage the submission and reviewer processes for programs such as the NAIS Annual Conference and the Fellowship for Aspiring School Heads.
- Communicates with internal and external constituents to convey timelines and information, collect materials and resources, respond to queries, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Provides onsite support for professional development programs.
- Serves as a responsive and welcoming first point of contact for questions and issues related to Professional Development programs and services.
- Manages the creation and/or acquisition of professional development resources, including institute microsites.
- Assists with team budget needs, processing invoices and reimbursements as needed.
- Helps to assess PD programming by liaising with our Data and Research team to build surveys, gather and examine analytics, and report on trends.
- Bachelor's degree
- Travel up to 35% per year and work on weekends, as required
- Minimum three years of experience in program management, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Previous experience managing large and complex professional development events
- Ability to think strategically and effectively develop, communicate, and execute
- Knowledge of independent schools preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/activities simultaneously while maintaining quality
- Ability to work independently while still being an effective, contributing team member
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with website creation/maintenance; able to adapt and learn new software and web-based systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills