Microsoft Systems Administrator/Web Developer
- Full Time
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Microsoft Administrator / Web Application Developer with a self-motivated personality and eagerness to learn. Responsibilities include building and integrating systems and assisting in the migration of applications, COTS, GOTS, and FOSS products to cloud resources; implementing the solution(s) required to fulfill the system and solution level requirements; and for supporting development, integration, test, and validation activities to prove system effectiveness, performance, and readiness during critical test events. Strong Information Assurance (IA) / CyberSecurity knowledge and troubleshooting skills desired.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
- Maintains the integrity and security of Microsoft servers and systems.
- Sets up Microsoft administrator and service accounts.
- Provides input on the development of design, implementation, operations, user guides, and training materials.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors MilCloud policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technologies, equipment and systems. Keeps current on issues, practices and procedures
- Reviews and provides input to policies and standard operating procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Current and emerging data center and infrastructure technologies
- Cloud, virtualization and distributed computing technologies
- Fundamental storage concepts: filesystems, backup, cloning, snapshotting, logical volume management, disk encryption
- Planning, installing, configuring, patching, and troubleshooting issues on Windows Operating Systems
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- McAfee security applications, preferably Host Based Security System (HBSS) and ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) server
- Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) servers (Openfire)
- Source and artifact control and configuration management
- Supporting project teams in all phases of development the development lifecycle
- Shell scripting
- Application and web servers (Apache Tomcat and Jetty)
- OSGi management and containers (Apache Karaf and Felix)
- Web Service frameworks (Apache CXF)
- Message queues (Apache ActiveMQ)
- Enterprise Integration Patterns (Apache Camel)
- Relational Database Management Systems (PostgreSQL, MS SQL)
- Geospatial Information Systems
- Geospatial Data Servers (GeoServer
- Geospatial Data Storage (PostGIS
- Web-based maps (OpenLayers, Google Maps)
- Web-based Applications
- Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- Ozone Widget Framework (OWF)
- Solid time management skills with the ability to plan, organize and implement multiple initiatives and deadline-driven workloads
- Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and desire to learn
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of project team. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail
- Team Work: Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to influence others and move a proposal effort toward a common vision or goal
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills
- Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.