Laboratory Technician III-GLP/Bacteriology
4 days left
- Full Time
Since its inception in 1969, USAMRIID has spearheaded research to develop medical solutions-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, and information-to protect our military service members from biological threats. Our specialized capabilities include Biosafety Level 3 and Level 4 laboratories, world-class expertise in the generation of biological aerosols for testing candidate vaccines and therapeutics, and fully accredited animal research facilities.
- The contractor shall support GLP studies by providing laboratory support with laboratory experiments in BSL-2 and BSL-3 laboratories and thus must hold and maintain BPRP status; IAW the provisions in this contract and applicable regulations.
- The contractor shall aid in the execution of scientific studies and plaque assays; PCR and other assays; animal procedures; collection/data analyzing; and maintain laboratory and laboratory equipment.
- Specific Tasks:
- Contractor shall perform Cell Based Assays and Toxin Neutralization Assays
- Process animal tissue and serum samples in support of animal protocols
- Perform BSAT Inventory Management week
- Equipment Inventory Management twice a year; BSL-2 and 3 Laboratory Management monthly
- Contractor shall perform Equipment Validations and Method Validations
- Contractor shall perform PK Studies/HPLC-MS Analysis
- Contractor shall perform and support Small Animal studies; murine model
- Contractor shall perform minimum inhibition concentration antibiotic testing.
- Contractor shall perform Cytokine assays in support of Non-human primate studies
- Contractor shall assist in the development of SOPs
- Contractor shall be responsible for ordering equipment and supplies.
- Contractor shall conduct Equipment Inventory Management twice a year in BSL-2 and BSL-3
- Contractor shall perform monthly Laboratory Management to include safety functions and chemical inventory
B.S. in a relevant field of the life sciences (virology; bacteriology; immunology; molecular biology)
0-2 years of related experience in scientific research; analysis and/or engineering.
preferred 5+ years of related experience in a research laboratory setting
Experience with a variety of the field's concepts; practices; and procedures is desired .
Must be eligible for enrollment in the Army Biological Personnel Reliability Program (BPRP)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.