Provide an analytical component with the scientific expertise to design protocols and to ensure good research conduct and governance over analytical research tasks and products that support CGS functional capabilities. Apply informatics to analyze and integrate Next-generation sequencing datasets into analytical products that meet publishing standards and criteria.
- Specific Tasks:
- Perform genomic characterization of pathogens (e.g.viral stocks) and the host-pathogen-therapeutics response for regulatory review of USAMRIID therapeutic development programs that support medical countermeasure development
- The Contractor shall act as a liaison with regulatory agencies and other interested parties to determine future revisions and enhancements to the bio-informatics systems developed by CGS.
- Characterization of pathogens and the host immune response by performing comparative genomics; transcriptomics; SNP analysis; whole genome de novo assembly and annotation; and other tasks by integrating Next-generation sequencing datasets from Illumina and Pac Bio platforms
- Employ analytics and bio-informatics as directed by CGS to provide data management tasks (format conversions; generation of GenBank submissions; etc.) and analysis of sequencing data to create research reports and products. -Informatics analysis units (typically one per sample) may reach 600-900 per year.
- Characterization Regulatory reports (genome assembly and annotation format; etc.) and upload into Infomatics Regulatory Databanks monthly IAW CGS guidelines.
- Document and validate bioinformatics and analytical workflows according to CGS protocol documentation practices. To uphold data integrity and good research conduct by ensuring protocols and workflows ensure sample processing and data analysis standards. Infomatics Data records are maintained in a current status within reasonable timeframe after analytic processing.
- Prepare technical reports and manuscripts for publication; publicly present data upon request at an average of two conferences per year; and establish extramural collaborations to augment the research program he or she supports.
- An Infomatics Progress Report outlining the progress shall be provided monthly.
- Contractor shall maintain a shared continuity folder for all Infomatics Publications/Quarterly Reports that includes all supporting data or directories where data is stored (raw and processed data and sample processing records)
- Oversee the work; technically and to ensure project timelines are met; of junior bioinformaticists and other support personnel assigned to the same research projects as the Contractor.
Preferred- PhD in a relevant field of the life sciences (virology; bacteriology; immunology; molecular biology)
5-10 years of related experience in scientific research.
- Demonstrated their subject matter expertise in several areas; and their ability to conduct independent research through publication of several technical reports and/or peer-reviewed publications
- Experience managing a research laboratory and technicians
- Good written and oral communication skills
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.