Sr Principal Engineer, Systems w/Polygraph
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in virtualization architecture and design;
- Leading small SysAdmin teams and managing work assignments;
- Security testing and risk mitigation;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Building Linux workstation baselines;
- Ability to follow installation and documentation directions as well as hardening Linux server installations;
- Anaconda server and familiarity with the Anaconda Python Environment;
- Writing LINUX shell scripts;
- Patching LINUX servers;
- Architecting, deploying and managing large Linux networked environments including deployment and management of NIS(+), LDAP, DNS, and NFS;
- Working knowledge of AWS, including setting up Ec2 instances, Load Balancers, Elastic IPs, Elastic Block Storage, and Auto-scaling groups;
- Proven experience creating, implementing, and maintaining, scripts for process automation, infrastructure monitoring, and proactive reporting;
- Proven experience in all aspects of managing large Linux environments including the use of configuration management tools like Puppet and Chef for centralized management and configuration of systems and to enforce security controls;
- Knowledge and understanding of information security principles including Operating System hardening techniques;
- Ability to utilize analysis tools to resolve complex network, systems, and application performance problems;
- Experience working with server hardware in a datacenter;
- Experience with monitoring and configuration management tools including Puppet, Chef, and Nagios;
- Working knowledge of CentOS 7;
- Familiarity with Kerberos;
- Ability to provide explanations of complex technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Written and verbal communication skills; Troubleshooting skills.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Supporting programs through ordering resource data from multiple sources using a variety of computers, databases and applications;
- Providing data and search acquisition support for analysts;
- Retrieving, searching, verifying and organizing information for data retrieval;
- Performing backups;
- Additional familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, and Salt a plus
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.