5 days left
- Full Time
The Staff Accountant will work closely together with the Chief Financial Officer on regular and ad-hoc projects. Additionally, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for a set of regular duties related to the different functions performed by the Finance Department. At the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Staff Accountant will be designated to be the primary back-up for other positions within the Finance Department.
- The Staff Accountant is a member of the Finance Department.
- The Staff Accountant reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with US government regulations related to cooperative agreements, grants, and contracts (Super Circular compliance/2 CFR 200) and performing all duties related to these awards within the Finance Department.
- Provides support to the Finance Department with the annual financial audit and audit of U.S. government-funded programs in compliance with the Single Audit Act.
- Provides support to the Finance Department with the preparation and submission of the annual IRS Form 990.
- Performs duties related to the grant payments and closings, reconciliations, reporting to stakeholders/donors, investment portfolio, revenue, expense, payables, receivables, and any other function within Finance Department as assigned and/or reassigned from time to time to meet the deadlines and objectives of the Finance Department.
- Provides support and works with internal/external customers.
- Acts as the primary back-up for other positions within the department as assigned and reassigned from time to time.
- Interviews, trains and mentors other team members and interns as needed.
- Maintains and develops the technical accounting expertise necessary for position responsibilities.
- Represents Finance on any committee and/or sub-committee as needed.
- Maintains appropriate working paper and file documentation for all work products.
- Prepares and maintains up-to-date, written, fully-explanatory desk procedures for all task responsibilities.
- Ensures excellent customer service by providing timely and accurate information to stakeholders as needed and in a polite/professional manner at all times.
- Undertakes other ah-hoc responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance or accounting.
- CPA or CPA candidate highly desired.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Proven ability to be a team player, self-started and motivated in performing the duties and responsibilities of the job and the goals of the Finance Department.
- Minimum of three years of full-time working experience in accounting and/or finance with demonstrated progressive professional growth, including working with U.S. government-funded programs (Super Circular compliance, 2 CFR 200, Cooperative Agreements, Grants, and Contracts).
- Experience using automated accounting and office programs, such as Financial Edge, Raiser’s Edge, GIFTS, Microsoft Officer, etc.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and interpret donor guidelines, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Knowledge of internal control procedures and practices.
- Willingness to work hands-on as a cooperative and collaborative member.
- Flexibility, willingness and ability to respond to a rapidly changing environment.
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire and ability to develop new knowledge, skills, and abilities as needed to perform the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong communications and written skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in culturally-diverse environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
How to Apply
The United Nations Foundation offers an excellent range of benefits for full-time employees including: a choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP). dental insurance, vision discounts, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, long-term care insurance, health club discounts, commuter benefits, employee assistance program and Warby Parker discounts.
12 Paid holidays, 4 weeks of vacation, 10 sick days, 3 personal days and 8 weeks of parental leave (mother or father). Access to the UNFCU Credit Union, 150% match on our 403b retirement plan, Flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts and discounted Zipcar membership.
Minimum Education Required
Apply for Staff Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly