Secondary Market Loan Clerk
PenFed is hiring a Secondary Market Loan Clerk in Alexandria, VA . The primary purpose of this job is to assist the loan delivery team with the overall coordination of selling and delivering first mortgage loans to designated investors.
- Assist the Sr. and Loan Delivery Specialist with monitoring the flow of the commitment pipeline and communicate issues which may impact the delivery of commitments
- Request/Retrieve collateral documents from storage, files to assist with facilitating the delivery of the documents to Investors, and review document criteria.
- Monitor reports and retrieve missing documents for delivery to the Investors
- Package collateral documents for express mail delivery to Investors
- Responsible for gathering and preparing required collateral package documents
- Retrieving electronic documents and file in electronic folders
- Responsible for follow up with the investor to ensure resolution of issues to enable the purchase of the loans
- Maintain communicate with management and the loan delivery team on any noted issues/concerns
- Maintain knowledge of the concepts, practices and procedures of mortgage loans delivered for investors
- Remain current on all PenFed mortgage products, processes, and regulations
- High School Diploma or Associate’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Work experience in a related field such as, mortgage lending or operations is preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Clerk, Secondary Market Loan
- Reports to: Manager, Loan Delivery Department: Secondary Market Loan Delivery
- Mortgage Loan
- Originator (MLO) No Revision Date: July 2017
- Effective, positive interpersonal skills are required
- Must exercise discretion and able to work well independently and in a team setting
- Attention to detail, follow-through and multi-tasking capabilities is required
- Ability to work effectively under aggressive deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel
- Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
This position will not supervise employees.
- There are no additional certifications required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.