Loan Funding Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
PenFed is looking for multiple Loan Funding Specialist in Alexandria, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to perform a variety of automobile loan funding and processing duties. Operating in a fast-paced office setting, you will be responsible for achieving the following: minimizing potential risk for the Credit Union through accurate and thorough verifications, providing high levels of service to the dealer body, and to have a consistent and high level of service with internal and external customers while meeting monthly objectives. This position will communicate directly with our Area Dealer Managers, Automobile Dealers, and Credit Union staff and members daily.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned. Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
Communicate with Area Managers and Dealers in regards to status of loan applications in queue.
Closely inspect loan package documentation for any suspicious fraudulent activity.
Comply and keep up to date with Pen Fed underwriting guidelines and keep up to date with changes.
Build strong working relationships with Sales, Credit and Operations team as well as the Dealership organizations.
Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ previous customer service or administrative experience required; financial industry experience preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years’ previous experience handling sensitive documents in a timely and accurate manner
- Working knowledge of lending practices and industry standard processes
- Proficient in the use of loan calculators to execute basic financial mathematics including simple interest calculations and amortization schedules
- Familiarity with: Truth in Lending, Reg. B and FCRA
- Ability to articulate and apply BSA regulations and requirements
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience processing vehicle loans preferred
- Experience in a credit union or bank working directly with preferred dealers is a plus
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills, along with strong customer service orientation
- Must be able to work an occasional Saturday