Project Management Specialist
This announcement is open to applicants who live in the Washington, DC metropolitan or commuting area and Federal Judiciary employees.
The Administrative Office (AO), an agency of the Judicial Branch of the Federal government, is committed to serving and supporting the Federal court system of the United States. The AO provides a broad range of legislative, legal, financial, technology, management, administrative and program support services to the Federal courts.
AO positions are classified and paid under a broad-banded system with the exception of positions in the AO Executive Service. Salary is commensurate with experience. Most AO employees are eligible for full Federal and Judiciary benefits.
The AO is committed to attracting the best and brightest applicants in our support of the Third Branch of government. We take pride in serving the Judicial Branch and supporting its mission to provide equal justice under law.
The incumbent of this position will occupy an entry level Project Management Specialist position. This opportunity offers tailored learning and development activities to include: formal and informal instruction, guidance, and mentoring. The goal of this career development plan is to enable the selected individual to meet the requirement of the full performance level. At the successful conclusion of the development period, the full performance salary range increases to $60,538 to $106,107.
- Not Required
Applicants must have demonstrated experience as listed below. This requirement is according to the AO Classification, Compensation, and Recruitment Systems which include interpretive guidance and reference to the OPM Operating Manual for Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions.
Applicants may qualify for this position in ONE of the following two ways:
1. Meeting the specialized experience requirement; or
2. Substituting their education for the specialized experience requirement.
These requirements are described in detail below.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience which is in or directly related to the work of this position. Specialized experience is demonstrated experience in project management to include: 1) Developing project plans and schedules; 2) Overseeing and monitoring projects for timeliness, budget, schedule and compliance to requirements; and 3) Reporting on project status and maintaining project tracking database.
Desired but not required: Applicants with project management experience in infrastructure and capital improvement projects.
Education: If you are using your education to qualify for all or part of the specialized experience requirement, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of courses (which includes equivalent information from the transcript e.g., course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade), from an accredited college or university, with a major in a field that provided you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of this position. This information must show superior academic achievement. Superior academic achievement is defined as a 3.5 GPA in your major or an overall GPA of 2.9. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
Evaluation of Foreign Education: Evaluation of Foreign Education: Qualifying education from colleges and universities in foreign countries must be evaluated in terms of equivalency to that acquired in U.S. colleges and universities. Applicants must provide the following in order for foreign education to be acceptable: A copy of the letter containing the results of the equivalency evaluation; the type of education received;the level of education in relation to the U.S. education system, and state that its comparability recommendations follow the general guidelines of the U.S. National Council for the Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials; the content of the education program earned abroad and the standard obtained; the status of the awarding foreign school's recognition and legitimacy in its home country's education system; information on what the evaluation service did to obtain this information; and any other information of interest pertaining to the assessment/evaluation of the foreign education. Failure to provide required/sufficient documentation will result in lost consideration.
Part-Time or Unpaid Experience: Credit will be given for all appropriate qualifying experience regardless of whether compensation was received or whether the experience was gained in a part-time or full-time occupation. Full-time work is generally considered to be 35 to 40 hours of work per week.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- All information is subject to verification. Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment during the pre-employment process and proof of U.S. citizenship or, for noncitizens, proof of authorization to work in the United States and proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information on the employment of non-citizens can be found at http://ww.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/non-citizens. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
- A background security investigation is required for all selectees. Appointment will be subject to a successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. A background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time.
- All new AO employees must identify a financial institution for direct deposit of pay before appointment.
- You will be required to serve a trial period if selected for a first-time appointment to the Federal government, transferring from another Federal agency, or serving as a first-time supervisor. Failure to successfully complete the trial period may result in termination of employment.
- If appointed to a temporary position, management may have the discretion of converting the position to permanent depending upon funding and staffing allocation.
- Relocation expenses may be provided, but only if authorized by the Director of the AO.
- The selectee of this position may be assigned to an official duty station outside the advertised area.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
This position is located in Facilities and Security Office, AO Administrative Services Division. The AO Administrative Services Division (ADM) provides administrative support and services for the Thurgood Marshall Federal Judiciary Building (TMFJB) and Court Operations Support Center (COSC), regarding facilities, property, printing, safety, physical security and emergency response programs. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Facilities Program Manager in construction administration of all tenant alternations and capital improvement projects;
- Assisting in developing project reports and schedules for tenant alterations and capital improvement projects, and providing suggestions/recommendations to the Facilities Program Manager;
- Assisting in coordinating tenant alterations and capital improvement projects to ensure that necessary planning and implementation are completed, and working closely with the Facilities Program Manager to propose changes in scope of work, and resolve any problems related to the work;
- Assisting in monitoring project status, maintaining a project tracking/information database for tenant alterations and capital improvement projects;
- Assisting in integrating and managing the resources essential to construction operations;
- Assisting in assessing, analyzing, integrating and managing construction engineering problems; and
- Developing presentation materials.