2 days left
- Full Time
This position is part of the WHS Office of Military Commission, located in Arlington, VA.
The Office of the Convening Authority for Military Commissions is established in the Office of the Secretary of Defense under the authority, direction, and control of the Secretary of Defense. The Office of the Convening Authority shall consist of the Director of the Office of the Convening Authority, the Convening Authority, the Legal Advisor to the Convening Authority, and such other subordinate officials and organizational elements as are within the resources of the Secretary of Defense.
Washington Headquarters Services was established as a Department of Defense Field Activity on October 1, 1977, as part of a DoD headquarters streamlining initiative. Approximately 1,200 civilian and military employees as well as contract staff are organized into 12 directorates and offices. WHS personnel contribute to the mission of our Defense customers by managing DoD-wide programs and operations for the Pentagon Reservation and DoD leased facilities in the National Capital Region. WHS is organizationally aligned under the Director of Administration for the Office of the Deputy Chief Management Officer.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
You may qualify at the GS-13 level, if your resume and supporting documentation supports the following qualification requirements:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your ability to do the following:
(1) Apply analytical reasoning of strategies involving conflicting goals and objectives; (2) Apply strategic planning and organization management processes; (3) Develop and submit short and long range alternative strategic planning requirements; (4) Develop and utilize performance measures to assess goal attainment and outcome of achievement; (5) Conduct system approaches for planning and executing the strategic planning efforts and business process reviews.
There is no substitution of education for specialized experience for the GS-13 level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
Washington Headquarters Services provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please view the "Alternate Application" method listed in the "Other Information" section of this announcement. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- This position is designated as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the civilian drug-testing program. As a mandatory requirement for employment in this TDP, the incumbent is to (a) refrain from the use of illegal drugs and (b) if required, submit to urinalysis testing. The selectee must sign statements acknowledging the position is identified as a TDP.
- This position may require travel away from your normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
As a Program Analyst, GS-0343-13, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Serves as an Analyst for performance measurement, benchmarking, learning and application of performance improvement methodologies for the organization.
- Develops metrics and processes to collect information, organize work, and recommend resources for strategic opportunities.
- Develops concepts and recommends deployment of strategies designed to improve the organizational effectiveness for the organization.
- Serves as the advisor for organizational operational issues, goals, mission requirements, directives and activities.
- Maintains sources of data and information required for expert analysis and recommendations for organizations senior leadership.
- Conducts war-gaming and brainstorming sessions to gather ideas and recommend courses of actions on issues and initiatives.
- Prepares briefings and presentations on the organization's performance measures/metrics, strategic planning, and other briefings as required.
- Represents the Office of the Convening Authority in meetings with external agencies.