Business Analytics Officer
JOB DESCRIPTION: Business Analytics Officers use quantitative and qualitative methods to collect, validate, analyze, and display corporate data to aid in decision-making at all organizational levels. They develop and implement methods to monitor, evaluate, forecast, and report progress toward achieving organizational goals and objectives and to inform strategic decisions.
- PERMANENT CHANGE IN STATION: PCS expenses are authorized.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online resumes must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement's mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
1. Demonstrated experience in audit and internal control, risk management, risk-based decision modeling and simulation, or risk-based data and technology experience in the public or private sector;
2. Demonstrated ability to engage in analysis, evaluation, data analytics and coding to objectively assess risk;
3. Clear communication, both in writing and verbally, across a variety of settings and styles to get messages across that have the desired effect;
4. Demonstrated ability to work within defined time constraints to deliver desired results;
5. Demonstrated ability to influence and build constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact to maneuver political situations effectively.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
1. ERM experience that includes conducting risk duties as described above for a large public or private sector organization;
2. GAO Green Book;
3. OMB Circular A-123;
4. Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) ERM Framework;
5. ERM certification (e.g., ERM Certification of Professional Achievement, Certified ERM Specialist, ERM Certified Professional);
6. Risk-based computational, coding, or engineering skills demonstrated by academic credentials, professional certifications, course work, or work experience.
- Direct Deposit Required
- Two Year Probationary Period
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Position Subject to Drug Testing
- Security Clearance Required
- Top Secret
- Sensitive Compartmented Information
- Polygraph Test Required
You must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. In addition, you are subject to a Counterintelligence Polygraph examination in order to maintain access to Top Secret information. All employees are subject to a periodic examination on a random basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Refusal to take the examination may result in denial of access to Top Secret information, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
Employees with SCI access and who are under NGA cognizance are required to submit a Security Financial Disclosure Report, SF-714, on an annual basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Failure to comply may negatively impact continued access to Top Secret information, Information Systems, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
NGA utilizes all processes and procedures of the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Non-executive NGA employees are assigned to five distinct pay bands based on the type and scope of work performed. The employee's base salary is established within their assigned pay band based on their unique qualifications. A performance pay process is conducted each year to determine a potential base pay salary increase and/or bonus. An employee's annual performance evaluation is a key factor in the performance pay process. Employees on term or temporary appointments are not eligible to apply for internal assignment opportunity notices.
This position is a DCIPS position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are an external applicant claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must self-identify your eligibility in our ERecruit application.
This position is funded by the National Intelligence Program (NIP).
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Office of Strategic Operations (DPS) is NGA's strategy, performance, and risk management organization for developing agency-wide integrated solutions in these areas. The Program Performance Management Division (DPSP) accomplishes, among other responsibilities, NGA Chief Risk Officer requirements in Federal law, regulations, directives, and guidance. This work develops a "risk" culture by integrating and coordinating risk management and internal controls into business activities, and by executing an enterprise risk management (ERM) and internal control program (ICP) to reasonably assure NGA's effectiveness and efficiency. The incumbent works on a small team to conduct year-round ERM activities, including identifying risks, analyzing risks and mitigation strategies, developing management information supporting risk-informed decisions, and ensuring agency compliance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-123 (Management's Responsibility for Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Control). Typical duties and responsibilities include integrating ERM and ICP functions at all levels; reviewing completed risk assessment submissions; escalating identified risks; analyzing the impact of enterprise risks on strategic and mission goals; socializing and communicating enterprise level risks with senior leadership; developing agency risk profiles for use in formulating strategy assumptions, establishing risk types and levels for escalating decision-making; assessing external risks and developing risk scans; and supporting major agency decisions with risk analyses and information.