IT Specialist (ENTARCH)
2 days left
- Full Time
This position is located in the Department of Defense Human Resources Activity (DHRA) Headquarters (HQ).
DHRA is a field activity of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness (USD)(P&R); the USD(P&R). This office provides information technology, policy and process re-engineering, continuous process improvement, enterprise architecture development and maintenance, policy analysis and requirements development, enterprise standards development, acquisition and investment oversight, and a variety of information management support services for the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense Personnel and Readiness (OUSD P&R). DHRA oversees, manages, develops, and supports Human Resources Management (HRM) Enterprise efforts for the entire life cycle of military personnel, including recruiting and accession, training and education, assignment and allocation, quality of life arid sustainment, support to dependents, and separation and retirement. This office also plans, oversees, manages, develops, integrates and federates the Enterprise Architecture (HRM EA) efforts for all business under the auspice of the USD (P&R), to include the entire life cycle of all DoD personnel (civilian, military, their families, and contractors).
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
This position has a Basic Requirement for the 2210 series:
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1.Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2.Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3.Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4.Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume at least one (1) year of specialized experience that equipped them with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's) to successfully perform the duties of the position and is directly in or related to this position. To be creditable, specialized experience must be at the GS-13 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-in-grade (General Schedule (GS) positions only), time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Analyzing, planning, designing, implementing, developing, documenting, assessing, and managing of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) products.
- Planning, organizing, and leading senior level work groups or study teams to collect and develop Architecture Products in support of business efficiencies and business process improvement effort.
- Developing and maintaining Enterprise Architecture by using and employing an Architecture Framework across Enterprise-Wide operation to support business process re-engineering and improvement efforts.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Work Schedule: Full time
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
Financial Disclosure: Not Required
Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible
Selective Service Requirement: Please visit http://www.sss.gov for more information.
For more information, please visit General Application Information and Definitions.
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
As a IT Specialist (ENTARCH) at the GS-2210-14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Responsible for analyzing, evaluating, advising on, and improving the effectiveness of work methods and procedures, organizations, delegations of authority, management controls, major automated information systems and functions pertaining to DoD HRM information management, business transformation and modernization, and development and implementation of the business enterprise architecture within DoD.
- Responsible for defining and developing EA in the DoD HRM area, while fully complying with the policy and Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA) at the DoD enterprise level to include risk management framework/information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices.
- Plans, organizes, and leads senior level work groups or study teams with input from other analysts and subject matter experts from the Services, Joint Staff, other OSD offices, DoD activities and other Federal agencies to develop EA architecture products.
- Coordinates on architecture related products and topics between military and civilian personnel and medical communities within the HRM mission area.
- Develops, review and approves for technical accuracy and soundness, major reports and recommendations to senior and Executive level official in Defense Human Resource Activity, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense Personnel and Readiness (OUSD P&R), the Military Services and other Federal agencies that rely on the expeditious delivery of accurate military personnel information to conduct their major business processes.