Student Trainee (Program Analysis): Pathways Internship Experience Program (IEP) GS-07
This vacancy announcement will be open from June 18, 2017 to July 24, 2017 or when 100 applications have been received. The vacancy will close on whichever day the first of these conditions are met. If the application limit is reached on the same day the announcement opened, the open and close date will be the same. Candidates are encouraged to read the entire announcement before submitting their application packages.
The Pathways Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a qualifying educational program in an accredited institution, on a full or half-time basis with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school. Applicants must meet the definition of "student" in order to be considered for this opportunity. Internship appointments under the Internship Experience Program (IEP) are non-temporary and can last the duration of the student's academic program. This will be determined at the time of selection. At the successful conclusion of the program, interns may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a Federal career or career-conditional position in the competitive service. Interns may work full-time or part-time schedules.
Pathways candidates must meet the DOS qualification standards applicable to the position being filled. All applicants must meet the qualifications by the closing date of this announcement.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 at time of application and must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA throughout the entire Pathways Internship appointment;
- Degree does not have to be related to the position/series; however to be eligible, candidate must meet the OPM qualification standards for the position to which the Intern may be converted.
- Not Required
Applicants applying for the GS-07 grade level must have completed 1 full academic year of graduate level education; or Eligibility under the Superior Academic Achievement Provision and completion of a bachelor's degree.
Candidates will be evaluated based solely on basic eligibility requirements using agency-developed or OPM Qualification standards. Candidates who meet the qualification requirements will be referred to the hiring official for consideration in an unranked order.
Veterans’ preference applies for selection in all Pathways positions. Veterans entitled to preference will be listed ahead of those who are non-preference eligibles.
Selections will be made in accordance with the requirements of 5 CFR Part 302, veterans preference laws, and OPM guidance.
NOTE: If it is determined that you do not meet program eligibility requirements or fail to submit proper documentation, you will be removed from consideration.
This position may be located in any of the following offices: A/EX, A/GIS, A/OPR, A/OEM, A/PTS, A/OPE
As a Student Trainee (Program Analyst) GS-07 you will:
- Perform a variety of specialized administrative duties to include the review and analysis of procedural aspects of the organization's operations and programs.
- Complete research and analytical projects requiring basic knowledge of program and mission objectives and analytical methods.
- Analyze facts then select and apply accepted analytical techniques.
- Collect data on administrative activities to determine compliance with applicable regulations and procedures and sound management practices.
- Interview employees and supervisors to collect factual information on the operations surveyed, review work in process and review files and other materials.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.