Lead Program Analyst (Project Automation Analyst)
It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 07/31/2017; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Lead Program Analyst, located in the Office of Healthcare Inspections, performs and coordinates analytical work to maximize effectiveness and efficiency in design, documentation, development, modification, testing, implementation, and support of new or existing applications. The incumbent prepares expert analyses for incorporating inputs, outputs, flow diagrams, decision logic tables, and linkages with other applications systems and testing, validating, and documenting the applications and application projects, e.g., installation of new operating environments or implementation of web-based systems and web-based information services. The incumbent reports to the Associate Director of Program Administration and Special Projects.
This position will be selected from one of the following locations: Arlington, VA, Atlanta, GA, Baltimore, MD, Bay Pines, FL, Bedford, MA, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Kansas City, MO, Los Angeles, CA, San Diego, CA, Seattle, WA or Washington DC.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is:
- Designing, developing, and deploying custom web parts and workflows for an organization; AND
- Evaluating, reviewing and making recommendations for technical specifications and system requirements; AND
- Writing and maintaining program documentation, user training documents, and assisting in writing and maintaining web-based systems contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures; AND
- Leading project teams.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
As a Lead Program Analyst, you will:
- Perform day-to-day support and improvement of the OHI SharePoint platform, aligning with the business practices within OHI.
- Provide guidance to the team on all aspects of OHI SharePoint site collection administration, Nintex workflows, and business process.
- Assist in coordination with all OHI Regional Offices and Business Lines to provide expert recommendations in integrating automation and production technologies to increase productivity and efficiency throughout OHI and develop the criteria to evaluate the effectiveness of integrated technologies on program performance.
- Write and maintain program documentation (i.e. Standard Operating Procedures), user training documents, and assist in writing and maintaining web-based systems contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures. Develop and maintain guidelines regarding Internet services design, development and delivery.
- Make major recommendations on determinations of projects to be initiated, dropped, or curtailed in alignment with the governance program’s concepts and principles of OHI and OIG. Evaluate customer requests and determine how best to meet their needs. Research what is available and evaluate the suitability of the various products for ease of use, cost, security and compatibility with existing hardware and software.