PROGRAM ASSISTANT - SPECIAL EDUCATION
3 days left
- Full Time
Graduation from high school with preference for associate’s or bachelor’s degree, additional completion of specialized training in computer operation and the use database, spreadsheets, student information, publishing and word processing software; experience in producing accurate reports quickly using a variety of formats accessing data from numerous sources; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Knowledge of database software including file creation and maintenance and database programming; knowledge of the LCPS content management system; ability to write, modify and maintain database programs and files; ability to maintain databases on other systems through data entering, editing and updating procedures; ability to research, analyze, compile and summarize data; identify specific procedural problems and make corrections.
- Skill in operating standard office equipment.
- Ability to take initiative and to handle new duties with limited direction; ability to determine and set work priorities, maintain confidentiality, work independently, and work effectively during periods of heavy work loads; ability to work and respond calmly and efficiently when under pressure.
- Ability to assist in the coordination of events, meetings, and programs.
- Strong skills in management and organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
A person in this position reports to the Supervisor, Special Education.JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is a position with highly specialized duties to support the Office of Special Education Programs and Services. The position is responsible for a variety of tasks including data collection and management, generating a variety of reports and performing data searches, coordinating office projects and activities, and assuming additional office responsibilities and duties as assigned. The employee will create and maintain large data bases by updating, editing, deleting and modifying data elements, fields and records. The employee must be able to complete assignments independently, work collaboratively with other office staff, and demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills. The employee will perform job responsibilities under the supervision of a special education supervisor.
- Creates and maintains databases for information related to special education programs and initiatives.
- Generates a variety of comprehensive reports, graphs, and charts, and performs data searches related to MANDT, professional learning, specialized reading, and disability specific programs.
- Prepares and edits correspondence related to Programs and Services, including parent communication, contacts with consultants, teacher information, and other documents as required.
- Assists in postings of updates for the Special Education Designees sections of the LCPS website.
- Assists in management and coordination of staff development meetings and events, including managing registration procedures, scheduling, preparing training packets, and arranging for specific logistical support.
- Performs related work as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 13
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -