Education Support Specialist III
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Mid-to-upper $40,000s; commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Undergraduate Program Coordinator
The George Mason University Department of Criminology, Law and Society (CLS) is accepting applications for an Undergraduate Program Coordinator to lead the CLS Undergraduate Advising team. CLS is committed to supporting the education of the whole student and integrating student life with learning. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Undergraduate Program Coordinator performs an advanced level of responsibilities in academic advising and undergraduate curriculum development within the CLS Department. In addition to academic advising, this position helps develop and manage the advising program, including supervising Academic Advisors and administrative staff, working closely with the Undergraduate Director, and with CLS undergraduate academic program and curriculum development. This position is essential in managing the day-to-day activities of the advising and academic program in support of the departmentâ€™s substantial student population. Responsibilities include:
- Provide academic advice and guidance to prospective and current undergraduate CLS students from admission to graduation in support of the studentsâ€™ academic and career goals;
- Direct supervision of the advising team and administrative staff;
- Act as Program Coordinator by managing, developing and administering processes and procedures for undergraduate advising operations; and
- Act as Academic Coordinator for CLS orientations, admissions fairs, open houses and student workshops; and assist the Undergraduate Director with undergraduate curriculum changes.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree from accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience in academic advising, student career counseling, or providing student support within a higher education setting;
- Demonstrated supervisory, program management and leadership skills;
- Analytical skills and ability to interpret department advising metrics;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Detail-oriented, organized, and ability to multitask;
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team;
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of university academic policies and procedures; and
- Experience with advising technology/programs (e.g., Ellucian Banner, DegreeWorks, Student Success Collaborative, etc.).
- Masterâ€™s degree in related field such as higher education, counselling, psychology, etc.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants should apply for position number 01863z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by July 31, 2017; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :