Membership and Customer Service Specialist, Sport and Fitness Center - Georgetown University Law Ce
Membership and Customer Service Specialist, Sport and Fitness Center - Georgetown University Law Center
The Membership and Customer Services Specialist serves as the head of Customer Service and Memberships for the Scott K. Ginsburg Fitness Center in duties that include but are not limited to:
- Supervises Membership Services Staff and monitors the Fitness Center front desk.
- Addresses and oversees all membership inquiries and contracts for affiliated/nonaffiliated partnerships with the Law Center business community.
- Answers questions pertaining to revenue generating programs, rentals, and offerings for the Fitness Center.
- Oversees membership enrollment process and orientation for new members, introducing them to all member benefits and programs for optimal implementation.
- Maintains accurate and current records of all members, membership affiliations, transactions, correspondence, employee records, and certifications; and ensures compliance with all Law Center and Sport and Fitness Center requirements of the same.
- Facilitates, plans, implements, and attend fitness center meetings, training, conference calls, and events.
- Maintains accurate and detailed attendance records for the fitness center, including intermural, aquatics, basketball, racquet ball, dodge ball, boxing, self-defense training, and events.
- Provides front line point of contact for customer service issues.
- Assists with tours and scheduling personal training sessions, swim classes, program registration, racquet ball court reservations, and towel service as needed.
- Coordinates quarterly meetings to address any community needs or concerns for fitness, wellness, and programming.
- Directs members to classes, equipment, and services within the Fitness Center.
- Exemplifies and upholds all Sport and Fitness guidelines and requirements.
- Ensures the safety of all members and ensures their compliance of Fitness Center policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operational excellence of the Fitness Center.
- Models and promotes the fitness vision and mission of the Fitness Center through appearance, actions, attitude, and engagement.
- Effectively markets and promotes Sport and Fitness programming via email listserv to members and the Law Center community via social media, flyers, posters, events, and announcements.
- Provides consistent communication regarding updates to policy, pricing, schedules, hours of operations, and/or updates to the facility for current members.
- Markets and promotes outreach of the Sport & Fitness Center Programming and offerings both on and off campus.
- Participates in Sport and Fitness Functions and events as Fitness Center Representative.
- Plans, evaluates, and improves efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Submits transactions and documents to assists with Fitness Center financials - to include journal vouchers, purchase orders, reimbursements, deposits, ProCard reconciliations, and processing accounts payable.
- Manages an organized filing system.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience in business or departmentally related field)
- At least 3 years in physical education, health management, or other related field
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of current fitness standards and trends, fitness programming, intramurals, and aquatics
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.